If you, like many people, use food supplements, you have probably wondered when to take them in order to get the most out of them? We answer this question in our article.
What is a food supplement?
A food supplement is a foodstuff, which is available in different forms: capsules, pills, tablets, ampoules, oil, etc.
Most of them contain active ingredients, nutrients, which are found naturally in plants or fruits. They often have ‘definite’ functions: improving energy, strengthening the tan, relieving fatigue, increasing concentration…
There are food supplements containing many different components: zinc, magnesium, vitamins, fibre, fatty acids, proteins, minerals, amino acids, etc…
It is important to remember that food supplements are not a substitute for medical treatment or a healthy and balanced diet.
What is the best time to take food supplements?
It depends entirely on the food supplements you choose to use.
In fact, depending on their composition, they should be taken at different times of the day to get the maximum benefit.
- Vitamins for example, such as vitamins A, D, E or B, must be taken with a fatty substance, to reinforce their assimilation, but also in the morning, because they make up for the deficiency resulting from the night and help to stimulate energy and concentration.
- For minerals such as iron and magnesium, it is preferable to use them during the evening meal, i.e. dinner: they can cause some inconvenience, such as the laxative effect for example, and are not suitable for use during the day. 😉
- Concerning the fibres, it is preferable to use them before sleeping, after dinner: they can interfere with the absorption of other active ingredients or medicines, and are therefore to be used at a reasonable distance from other supplements.
When to take CBD food supplements ?
We have already discussed this subject in our article below:
Our NATUREIGHT CBD food supplements (capsules) must be used in different ways, depending on the product selected:
- Each NATUREIGHT CBD capsules should preferably be taken during meals, with a glass of water to facilitate their consumption.
- Young: to take in the morning, or in the middle of the day.
- Dreams: use one hour before going to sleep.
- Heart & Focus & Flex: consume it in the morning, at lunchtime or in the evening, as you prefere.